Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Old man winter is trying to stay longer

It started snowing again this evening around dinner time - it wet, heavy and steady.  Thought spring finally was here - flowers were starting to bloom, trees were budding out, the hummingbirds were starting to come back and almost all the snow at our level was melted.  I even planted some marigolds and pansies on Saturday, along with some peonies and four o'clock seeds.  My lilac tree started to bud also, along with the raspberries leafing out.  I just might have to drive Gary's truck down the mountain in the morning to go to work - not sure yet if I am going to exercise class at the pool.

It has been over 9 years ago on April 2nd that Dad passed away.  I know he is so much more happier in heaven and not in his crippled body and mind anymore.  Mom has adjusted to being alone without Dad but still misses him greatly.  Her body is failing - she fell on her birthday and Daisy took her to the doctor who sent her to the emergency room for xrays to make sure nothing was broken or fractured.  She is sore and I think her pride is hurt more.  She had knee surgery a few years ago and it resulted in her having a drop foot.  I think she really needs to use her walker more instead of her cane.  Her balance is not what she thinks it is - but she is really stubborn and she thinks she can still use her cane and not the walker.  Talked to her on Monday - her phone was off the hook on Mother's Day - Dan came over and told her about the phone.

No comments:

Drive down Memory Lane

 Over the weekend Gary and I drove down to St George to hear my former boss, Dave and Judy Parrish, speak at their Mission Farewell.  They w...