What a fun day that I will remember!! Last week one of my bosses asked if I would be willing to travel to a store south of here and help with some training and employee verifications. (I work for people who own 9 McDonald restaurants in the central and southern Utah. - I do the accounts payable, human resources, etc)
Yes I would be willing and yesterday he called and asked if I could go today. So I left after work around 2:00 and headed south (about an hour or so), before I left Gary called and said he sent me an email with directions on how to get to the store - I knew the general area and which exit to take - so I didn't pay too much attention to the map but printed it out just to be on the safe side.
I get to the store and meet the manager - Russ - and I already knew the assistant manager - Helen - when she worked at the Ephraim store. They had me came back into the office and they said they needed to wait for it slow down a little bit for some of the staff to come back and get started. Russ, Helen and I talked a little bit about E-Verifying employees and a few of the problems some of the stores had. Then both Russ and Helen left the office and I sat and waited - looking around the office - I noticed on the shelf above the computer were 4 packages wrapped in familiar wrapping paper - WAIT A MINUTE WHAT IS GARY UP TO!! Then in walks Russ, Helen and 4 of the staff carrying a cake and start singing "Happy Birthday"! Then Russ hands me the 4 gift wrapped presents on the shelf. I opened one and then another - they were flower bulbs - totalling 56! So I knew what was happening and I explained to them what Gary had done. I got back out to the car and call Gary and to thank him for the 56 bulbs and the adventure to the store. He said look at the map that I printed out - 56.4 miles! It took him about an half an hour to get a route that would take the 56 miles from my office to the store. (I did notice before that the route only took me to the exit on the freeway but not directly to the store). So on the way home I called my boss and thanked him for helping Gary pull this off - he said he would lie again to help Gary anytime and help me too!! On the way home, Tim called (my son-in-law), Zane wanted to wish Grandma Happy Birthday - and Tim wanted to know what I was doing - I told him that I was on my way home from the Richfield store and getting Gary's present - he knew about it because he and Zane took the presents to the store in the morning!
What a wonderful husband I have - he comes up with something different each year. We went out to dinner at the Mexicana in town and then had some of the cake that the staff from the Richfield store gave me. (Gary ordered the cake from the store but they wouldn't let him pay for it - so it is from both Gary and the staff)
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Drive down Memory Lane
Over the weekend Gary and I drove down to St George to hear my former boss, Dave and Judy Parrish, speak at their Mission Farewell. They w...
-
The other day, we looked out the window and saw all these goldfinches in the tree around the bird feeders. I have seen one or two ...
-
heading out Monday April 4th Hebet Valley Camp entrance. There is still a lot of snow at the camp. ...
-
Gary's brother Aaron, is a bishop in Provo and he had his Mia Maids and Teachers (14-15 yr olds) and the Laurels and Priests (16-17 yr ...
No comments:
Post a Comment