Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Water leak








 In December 2021, Gary and I went to St George for the annual training meeting for the Parrish Organization. When we got back we noticed that the dishwasher was leaking and the floor was very wet and showing damage.  Gary reported it to the insurance company and arrangements had been made to have a flooring put in after we left for our mission in April.  On February 21st, Gary and I left for Arizona to attend Dani Alldredge's wedding in Mesa.  Upon returning home and turning the water line back on to the house, I found that rug in front of my kitchen sink was soaking wet again.  And then I found water in my food storage closets in the basement.  SO I started pulling boxes and food from the closets, turned the main water line off again, called Gary to stop and get more disinfectant spray and pulled the fans out to start drying out the closets.  Gary got home pulled the dishwasher out (which we had not used since December) and found out that the water connection to the dishwasher was cross threaded and was causing the leak.  He started pulling the old flooring off and the sheeting was soaked, under the cupboards, the carpeting and shelfing in the basement were wet.  He called the insurance company again and got Power Plus to come out with their big fans and dehumidifiers , cut holes in the floor and basement ceiling, pulled the insulation out and started drying things out more.  What a mess - getting down to the deadline of us leaving for Heber April 4th and Satan is trying his best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a challenge! I’m glad you came thru it well e ouch. I love your blog and anticipate reading more. 🥰

Drive down Memory Lane

 Over the weekend Gary and I drove down to St George to hear my former boss, Dave and Judy Parrish, speak at their Mission Farewell.  They w...