Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall September 2010

This is looking east on the Manti LaSal Mountain Range.  If you look in the center of the picture, next to the cabin that looks like a barn, you will see a green roof - that's us!! The Boy Scout Mt. Dell and Camp Tifie is right behind us on that mountain side!

This is the view driving down from cabin - about 1/2 mile going down the switch back.

This is the view going to our cabin - you can see the roof line peaking through the trees.

Still the same road going to our cabin - around the next curve is our drive way.  The colors were just beautiful.  I always wanted to go to New England and see the colors, but I don't think they could beat this.

Gary is supervising the building of this cabin four lots down from us.  The maple here is so red.  The colors this year were so brilliant and I was able to get these pictures at the peak of the fall colors.  Now the colors are gone, but the aspens are bright yellow on the mountain tops.  Nature is a wonder to behold.  I just love this time of the year - beautiful colors, coolness in the air and shorter days.  I am looking forward to a fire in the wood stove, a good book to read, a cup of hot cocoa and a blanket to curl up in on the couch.

Drive down Memory Lane

 Over the weekend Gary and I drove down to St George to hear my former boss, Dave and Judy Parrish, speak at their Mission Farewell.  They w...