Monday, May 17, 2010
Lots to do
With the nice weather finally approaching, the list of things to do if ever growing. I really would like to get my garden boxes going and start seeing some of my flowers popping up. The pansies in my small planter boxes haven't done much growing with the colder temperatures. I do have a bleeding heart plant that needs to get planted outside soon! Winter just wants to hang a little bit longer here in the mountains.
The hummingbirds are back - I had one little guy show up after Easter, survived the 2 snow storms that came through. So with 4 feeders up, there are probably a dozen or so buzzing around. The turkeys have moved up into the scout camp - a few still come around to check for any sunflower seeds or corn on the ground. We have seen a couple of does over the past 2 days - no little fawns yet.
Gary is staying busy working for the census and he has a few building projects in the works. I am still working for the Parrish's (who own 8 McDonald restaurants in the state) and I am almost certified to be an instructor for the Arthritis Foundation Aquatic program. I am filling out the necessary paperwork for Snow College to work there and then I need to send in my class time to the Arthritis Foundation where I taught the class under the current instructor.
The yard needs cleanup, so does the cabin! I just wish I felt good enough to have the energy to help do more around here. Gary is so busy and being pulled in many directions - but he seems to handle it okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Drive down Memory Lane
Over the weekend Gary and I drove down to St George to hear my former boss, Dave and Judy Parrish, speak at their Mission Farewell. They w...
-
The other day, we looked out the window and saw all these goldfinches in the tree around the bird feeders. I have seen one or two ...
-
heading out Monday April 4th Hebet Valley Camp entrance. There is still a lot of snow at the camp. ...
-
Gary's brother Aaron, is a bishop in Provo and he had his Mia Maids and Teachers (14-15 yr olds) and the Laurels and Priests (16-17 yr ...
No comments:
Post a Comment